Sunday, February 26, 2006

The more you see, the less you know...




Ok, some background.
A friend of mine who works in the music industry in Tokyo came to Austin to visit a few weeks ago -- on his way to the Grammy's. He mentioned that he might have a spare ticket to see U2 in their upcoming show at Nissan Stadium in Yokohama on April 4th. An avid U2 fan, my interest was piqued, but what to do about my family? How could I convince my wife of 10 years to support me jet-setting about to see a rock show while she stayed home negotiating peace agreements between our 4 yr old and 2 yr old and changing the diapers soiled by our two month old?

Reciprocity rules are in full effect. I've made an offer to my wife and she'll get a trip of her chosing. She's thinking of something really big. But bigger than U2 in Yokohama? I'm pretty sure I'll get the better end of this bargain.

So in the coming days, I'll be sharing the plans for my trip and the details of preparation. I'll also reminisce about past u2 concerts I've seen and past trips to Japan. I'll also see what I can find out about Japan-specific merchandise like t-shirts, programs, posters, etc. that I might be able to pick up for people along the way.

Of course I'll have lots of photos from Japan when we get to that point in time.

Stay tuned...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wooohoooo! Go Director! Great news about your ticket for Yokohama and that you're going for it. Thanks for stopping into the Japan thread to tell us all about it and bring us here. Looking forward to get to know you as we all get ready for the show. :)

Don't know if you've done so yet, but we've started a yahoo group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/U2Japan. Maybe you'll be able to find some additional info and links that can help in planning. We also have a fan action in support of ONE so please visit. :)

Saturday, March 04, 2006 3:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home