Friday, November 09, 2007

What is the source of the fire in your belly?

Are you motivated by a desire to perform well or to not screw up/look stupid?

I think it varies for me, but more often than not, it's probably to avoid looking stupid. I prepare for meetings that are on my calendar because I don't want to show up unprepared -- even if there are more important, more impactful things I could be doing. The bummer is that despite my best (if misplaced) efforts, I often end up looking stupid anyway. Or at least some flavor of stupid. Maybe I should give up and go bowling.

Your thoughts?

3 Comments:

Blogger Nate said...

My motivation is "Don't let them die." Its a pretty easy on, but is inherently problematic, as pretty much everyone does. And I guess kind of like, "Don't screw up," though often other people (patients themselves or surgeons) are to blame for the proximity of the grim reaper.

Oh, by the way, nice to find your blog! I got a link from Ryan's blog. I love the bikes near famous buildings. Very cool.

Sunday, November 11, 2007 12:42:00 PM  
Blogger Stine said...

It really varies for me, but I think overall it's "don't screw this up." Occasionally, I want to blow something out of the water, but that is usually only when I'm well rested, organized, and on top of things. So....it doesn't happen all that often.

Monday, November 12, 2007 9:07:00 AM  
Blogger beth said...

My motivation is to be the best woman in the office.

Being the only woman in the office definitely makes it easier.

Monday, November 12, 2007 12:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home