Thursday, March 05, 2009

Beautiful Day!


Here I am standing on U2 Way in New York City earlier today. The show was awesome! We were somehow directed to front row seats, probably due to my wife being a visage of beauty. The emotional intensity during the two songs U2 played was off the charts. They played Beautiful Day for the show and then Vertigo after the taping concluded. It was great. We were standing right in front of The Edge. I wish we could have taken pictures in the theater because it was truly amazing how close we were.

The rest of the show was really fun as well. Jon Stewart was great fun, and that Letterman kid is no slouch. Paul Schaffer and the CBS Orchestra kept things going during the break and they're really tight, especially during the transition where they were bringing U2's gear onstage. Paul and his band played an extended version of Angel of Harlem that just rocked. Unrelenting energy.

The whole day was just great. Magnificent!

Oh, and we had lunch at the Hello Deli. Rupert even smiled for us, though not for the camera.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Gramma Cyddie said...

so seriously I think I saw you. I recorded it and paused when they were singing and the camera was behind Edge and facing the audience. I saw someone who looked like you so I looked for Nean but Edge was blocking her! had to be you! Stupid recording ended right after that..

Friday, March 06, 2009 1:23:00 AM  
Blogger beth said...

How amazing. I'm so jealous! Glad you had a great time!!

Friday, March 06, 2009 10:01:00 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

so jealous

Saturday, March 07, 2009 4:14:00 PM  
Blogger Shannon Stoker said...

What fun! Letterman! U2! Thanks to a conversation with Nean the other day, Letterman show is now on my "List of things to do at least once in my lifetime"

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 11:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home