Friday, July 03, 2009

Spin Workout - Yahata

When I was a missionary in Japan, I came to know the Yahata family. They were about the nicest people you'd ever meet. Their little boy was a HUGE Michael Jackson fan. So naturally, when MJ gave up the ghost last week, my thoughts turned to the Yahata family. Young Yahata is now probably about 24 years old. Crazy talk.

Anyway, I named my spin mix this week "Yahata" in their honor. No, there is no MJ. He's not really spin worthy. Here's what is in the mix:

I Love to Move In Here (Style of Eye Piano Remix) -- Moby
Beat Goes On (feat. Kanye West) -- Madonna
Drown In the Now (feat. Matisyahu) -- The Crystal Method
Isaac -- Madonna
Learning to Fly -- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
Bamboo Banga -- M.I.A.
Piku -- The Chemical Brothers
Gum -- Cornelius
Pink Houses -- John Mellencamp
A Seated Night -- Moby

Some days the music is ok. This week it was really good. Transcendentally good.


Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Gramma Cyddie said...

I know one song...Tom Petty :)
Love the picture!!!

Saturday, July 04, 2009 2:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home