Monday, August 28, 2006

I'm just trying to find a decent melody...


I recently read a book about Bono by Michka Assayas. The book is comprised of a series of conversations between the two men and was a great read. I'll add some additional comments, but one of the ideas that has remained in my consciousness is that of focusing on what matters most. Covey calls it "First things First" and I've also heard it expressed as "The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing." Bono calls these first/main things melodies - an appropriate designation for an LV.

If the key topics - the important tasks - are the melodies, some the diversions I deal with in my work at Dell and my personal life could be harmonies, but mostly I'm surrounded by a cacophony of tasks. I'm just trying to find a decent melody. A song that I can sing in my own company.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should get me this book for Christmas. =D

Bono is an inspiration. OH...and you are too Dave!

Tuesday, September 19, 2006 12:12:00 PM  
Blogger Director Sportif said...

Ok. You can read it after Janean and my coworker Tom Doughty.
Check out "U2 Show" -- available at BN.com for $10!

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 11:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doughty Schmouty! Tell him I changed your diapers...I get it first by default.

;)

(I'll read "U2 Show" til he's done. )

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 10:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home