Sunday, February 17, 2008

Beef or chicken, tell me what you want

The correct answer may be "none of the above."

Janean and I went out last night at the wonderful Indian restaurant Palace at the Ben in Center City. For starters we had the Murg Malai Kabab, a tandoor cooked chicken dish. Janean had a vegetarian curry and I had a lamb curry for the main course. It was phenomenal! I found myself recanting my recent musings on becoming vegetarian. Between meals like last night's and Texas BBQ like Rudy's or County Line, I'm not sure I could keep that commitment. 

And now this...143 Million pounds of beef recalled because of a facility in California that was forcing downer cows into the slaughterhouse. There are so many words in that last sentence that just make me sick. 

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger mandi said...

We bought our own cow last year. The benefits just keep stacking up. Looks like its just about time to buy that big piece of farmland and learn how to work it! I'll let you muck out the stalls.

Sunday, February 17, 2008 9:17:00 PM  
Blogger bompa mikey said...

Everybody who knows me knows that I overeat on rare occasions. But if I overeat vegetarian, nothing happens. I don't feel loggy, groggy or the slightest bit green and froggy. No guilt either. I'm all for eating veggie except when Texas BBQ is around. Once again, Janean proves her moral superiority. Dave, can we get a picture of Janean posed heroically, militantly holding up a sheaf of wheat stalks toward the heavens, backlit by morning sun? Do you have an army uniform she can wear for the photo?

Monday, February 18, 2008 9:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home