Saturday, February 16, 2008

Did you ever know that you're my hero?

Ok, enough of that sap. There's a mild chance I'll get to meet Lance Armstrong at a conference I'll be attending in a few weeks. I'm a big fan of Lance. In fact it is fair to say that he played a big part in why I started cycling in 2004. And in five years of living in Austin, I never had the chance to meet him.

I met Michael Dell at an MBA recruiting event in Austin in 2000. I don't remember what I said, but I do remember thinking after the fact that it was pretty stupid. So in the spirit of tapping the wisdom of crowds (you), I could use some help.

In case I do get to meet Lance, what should I say to him? Some possibilities:

- Uh, do you remember when you beat Jan Ullrich on Alpe d'Huez in 2001? That was awesome!
- Hey Lance, will you autograph a copy of Sheryl Crow's new album for me?
- Lance, did you know that I dressed up as you for Halloween once? How about you dress up as me next year?
- So, Ashley Olsen, eh? What's up with that?

As you can see, I'm in need of some suggestions. Any help you could provide would be very, um, helpful.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger bompa mikey said...

People out here want to know what Lance and Sheryl did with the lost tapes of their DUETS? And did Sheryl ever go on a bike ride into the Texas countryside with Lance?

Monday, February 18, 2008 3:15:00 AM  
Blogger bompa mikey said...

As both you and Lance know, cycling involves enduring steady amounts of pain and suffering. I suggest that you find a bright yellow 1 inch rubber dog collar to wear around your neck and get some of those under-the-skin rivets for your forehead. you can't do much with your haircut, so you should dyes it fluoro or something. Just for starters of course.

Monday, February 18, 2008 3:21:00 AM  
Blogger Stine said...

How about: Want to go for a ride? I brought my tandem.

Friday, February 22, 2008 3:11:00 PM  
Blogger Director Sportif said...

BTW, I did meet Lance for about three minutes. He was very nice talkative. He was also kind enough to sign a poster I brought for him to sign. I should have talked about Austin, maybe about Chuy's, but I said something silly about Mario Cipolini coming out of retirement and riding the Tour of California. I suggested that the Tour of Utah could benefit from Lance coming out of retirement. He replied that this speaking engagement was his only Tour of Utah. Oh well.
It was a lot of fun for me to meet him. Anyone know where I can get George Hincapie's autograph?

Monday, April 07, 2008 9:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home