Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Food post #2: Hashigo


I was fortunate enough to do a six-month internship for Sony Plaza in 1995. The offices were in Ginza, just around the corner from the Sony Showroom Building. One of the best things about working in Ginza was the variety of places to eat at lunch time. And nowhere was better than Hashigo. There are two locations. I prefer the one in Ginza 8-cho me for the decor, but the food is equally good in both.

The "must-have" at Hashigo is the dan-dan men noodle soup. It's ramen, but nothing like anything you can get in the states. The soup is thick and spicey and the green onion on the top is a nice touch. The meal comes with rice, all you can eat. I have made Hashigo my first stop in Japan on more than one occasion. Luggage and all -- straight to Hashigo. Tired, wet from the rain, and hungry, but worth the effort. I'm salivating just thinking about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home