Monday, January 21, 2008

Like a Preacher Stealin' Hearts at a Travellin' Show


Regular Faraway, So Close readers (hi mom!) will know that I grew up in North Salt Lake, Utah. Extra astute readers will recall that as a young lad my only way to experience U2 was through vinyl and the pages of Rolling Stone. Rarely would Bono and the boys set foot anywhere near the Wasatch Front. So I move away and what happens? They premiere a film at Sundance. I posted recently about my concerns that this would be yet another 3D gimmick. Well the initial reviews are out and apparently THIS FILM TOTALLY ROCKS! And this from a typically jaded and disaffected cadre of music journalists. So I guess it ain't bad. Here are a few links:

In addition to a content commentary, Wired takes a technical angle.

I would have loved to be there for the Q&A.

Bono pays a complement to Salt Lake music & radio & says they'll be back.

Several articles, including this one from The New York Times, commented on people in the real audience joining with the virtual audience in raising their cell phones, probably during "One."

Janean and I bought our tickets for Wednesday night's show at 9:30 on Fandango. Now all we need is a sitter! Since I saw the Vertigo tour three times (once in Dallas and twice in Tokyo) and Janean didn't get to see it at all, I'm excited for her to be able to partake.

Want more details, such as showtimes? Go go U2.com or the U23D website.

(Photo credit goes to Mike Terry, Deseret Morning News)

2 Comments:

Blogger Gramma Cyddie said...

Hi back..Mom

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 1:12:00 AM  
Blogger Gramma Cyddie said...

What???? no report on the 3D?????

Friday, January 25, 2008 12:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home