Thursday, August 14, 2008

Television, the drug of the nation




The Dell W3201c was a good TV. Too bad it only lasted two years. Too bad I have to admit that I was on the team that brought this TV to market. Too bad that when I bought the TV, I didn't choose to buy the extended warranty that I myself marketed. Too bad. Looks like I'm not the only one.

My four year old did not greet me with her usual hug yesterday. She was quite somber and quickly told me, "you need to call Dell." Well, I called Dell and, as expected, the only option is an out of warranty repair that will cost $300. Good money after bad? Time for a new TV? Or maybe it's time for no TV at all. How would that be? I work at Comcast and get free cable, but don't have a TV? My four year old is not amused. "But you like to watch Sound of Music," she quipped. (Let the record show that while I do enjoy Sound of Music as much as the next guy, I haven't watched it in at least a year.)

Janean isn't convinced either, especially with a new baby coming (new babies love TV.) But she is willing to try.

I just wish the TV had waited until after the Olympics to die on me.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Gramma Cyddie said...

Oh how sad! well you have that huge screen for your computer. You can watch that! Not fun to nurse a baby while sitting in an office chair in the basement though. :)

Friday, August 15, 2008 10:43:00 AM  
Blogger Maureen said...

TV, it's so passe.

There is so much content available on the internet available to me any hour of the day with fewer, or no commercials.

We do use our TV for watching occasional DVDs, but we have only had it hooked up to antenna for the past two years and we don't really miss it.

Our kids never ask for toys they saw on commercials, and they don't know who Hannah Montana is. Just another way we are turning our kids into nerds.

Saturday, August 16, 2008 8:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home